Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A wonder filled Christmas

I haven't had a chance yet to reflect on the Christmas Eve or Christmas Day worship. John and I were overwhelmed by the turnout. I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe we had around 580 on Christmas Eve alone. We were really pleasantly surprised by the group we had Christmas morning. We really thought it would be a small group, but the sanctuary was full for worship!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, some churches opted to close on Christmas day. I really think that was a mistake. Certainly there are people who will come on Christmas Eve and spend Christmas day with their families, and that is perfectly alright. But obviously there are some people who wanted to begin the day by praising God and celebrating Christmas in worship.

Here is the next question. What do we do next year. This year, we had the unique situation of Christmas Day on Sunday. Next year, Christmas Eve will be on Sunday. Will people want to come on Christmas Eve morning for Sunday worship and then come back at night for Christmas Eve service? Fortunately we have a few months to work that out.

As always, I love to hear your thoughts.

peace,

will

No comments: