Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sometimes I don't know how Texans do it.

One of the hardest things for me to get used to as a transplanted New Yorker is how relative driving distance is. People from this giant state of Texas seem to think it is no big deal to drive 3 hours for a meeting and then drive back. Where I am from you can get into three states in that kind of time.

I have been traveling a few too many miles for my taste lately. Last week Alisha and I drove to San Antonio to fly to North Carolina. Yesterday we drove up to Austin for a meeting I had to attend and Thursday we are headed back to San Antonio for another meeting. I am starting to wish 37 had some different scenery.

It all comes with the territory. At least that is what the natives say.

peace,

will

1 comment:

Aymster said...

I drove across the country and I have to stay, Texas is a VERY LARGE STATE!!! It took me two days. YIKES!