Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Watching the Simpsons at Church

January has been a pretty busy month, but I am getting to do a lot of fun stuff. Tonight is the second week of The Gospel According to The Simpsons that I am leading with the youth. I really enjoy this course because, for some reason, watching The Simpsons really helps a lot of people self-reflect and be open about their own relationship to God. I think there may be something to seeing someone else get it so wrong that allows us a little room to examine ourselves.

I plan on offering this course again this year for anyone to take. In the meantime, if you are interested, there is a great book on the subject. Check out Mark Pinsky's The Gospel According to The Simpsons: The Spiritual Life of the World's Most Animated Family.

peace,

will

No comments: