Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I just can't get used to this.

It is not that I am afraid of lizards or reptiles of any sort, it is just still sort of freaky for me to find them in the bathtub. (These things don't live where I come from.)

What I find fascinating is that these neat creatures, that can climb up and down nearly any surface, can get trapped in my bathtub. It has to do with the science of how their feet bond with the molecules of the surface they are touching. Obviously my plastic-like bathtub is not good for bonding. Anyone who knows more science than me (that won't be hard) is welcome to post a comment explaining that better.

This little guy was safely returned to the outdoors where he most likely quickly found a way back in. It is cold outside.

peace,

will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Growing up, when my cousins would visit for Christmas, they would tie a string around the neck of a couple of lizards (like a leash) and let them climb around on the venetian blinds. They were trying to freak out our grandmother--but nothing much fazed her. They would, however, scare the heck out of us little girls.