Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Newsletter Column

I know a lot of folks who read the blog don't read (or don't get) the Grace newsletter. So, here is my column from this week:

I haven’t had a chance yet to formally thank everyone for the abundant outpouring of love and support upon the arrival of our foster son Joshua. Alisha and I have truly been moved by the love shown through diapers, toys, gift cards, and offers for babysitting.

I cannot begin to tell you what a joy it has been to open our home and share our love with one of God’s beloved children. It is my prayer that the love we share will give him a chance at a truly full and abundant life.

It is also my prayer that Joshua’s presence among us may inspire someone else to hear God’s call to foster parenting. I realize that such a ministry is a big step and one not to be entered into lightly. I also realize that there are some people who are truly equipped and called to such a ministry and that there are many children who need them.

On Thursday, December 7th, at 7 p.m. in room 143, I will host Robyn Detert of the Corpus Christi Outreach office of Methodist Children’s Home along with Rhonda Dyer from the San Antonio office for an informational meeting about Methodist Children’s Home’s foster care program. This meeting will, of course, in no way obligate you. So, even if you are just a little curious about the program, please come. If you have any friends or family members who have thought about foster care, please bring them along. The meeting is open to anyone who wants to learn more about what MCH is doing to place children in need in loving homes.

If you have any questions about the meeting, about foster parenting, or about Methodist Children’s Home, please feel free to contact me directly at pastorwillrice@gmail.com.

peace,

will

No comments: