Saturday, November 25, 2006

Live from my office... It's Saturday Night!

I don't often find myself working late on Saturday to finish a sermon for Sunday, but here I am. It is not that I got a late start or that Thanksgiving put me off schedule. I wrote a sermon early in the week and was just planning on polishing it Wednesday evening before my sister and he family got here Thursday morning. When I read it Wednesday it was fine except... I didn't really believe it. Occasionally, in my effort to read scripture and deliver a message, something goes awry and I end up with a finished product that just isn't right. I think people can tell when the pastor doesn't really believe what they are saying. For me it is more than that. I can't bear to stand up there and proclaim something that I don't believe. So, if you are in church tomorrow morning or if you read or listen to the sermons online, you get a whole new sermon tomorrow. This one I believe.

peace,

will

No comments: