Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The glamorous Life of a Pastor

I know the life a pastor seems pretty ho-hum, but some days are just sheer excitement. Here are some of the things I did today:

  • Took our dog Violet to the vet to see why she is wetting her bed. (At least she is not wetting my bed.) Got some pills that may stop her from wetting her bed.
  • Washed Violet and her bed.
  • Went with Alisha and Joshua to vote. Joshua couldn't vote, but he did make a lot of noise in the polling place which may have affected someone else's vote. (Raising the question: are people who are casting their vote while a child is crying more likely to vote democrat, republican or independent.
  • Worked on Sunday's bulletin and tonight's Disciple class while eating a frozen dinner. (It wasn't frozen as I was eating it.)
  • Spent a really long time in a staff meeting.
  • Made four phone calls.
  • Sent some emails.
  • Checked my weblog only to find I hadn't posted in a while, so created a post based on the events of my day.
It may all sound a little ordinary, but Tuesday nights are very cool. I lead Disciple Bible Study on Tuesday evenings and it is really one of the best parts of my job. I am looking forward to that.

Here is hoping that today and everyday, you get to see the glorious presence of God, even in the ordinary stuff of your day.

peace,

will

No comments: