Tuesday, October 24, 2006

More Reading, Less Sleeping

So I am posting in the middle of the night because I decided to finish the last few chapters of John Grogan's Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog.

John Grogan, who most of the time in a columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer is an excellent author and has done an amazing job of capture the essence of the complex relationship humans have with dogs. If you are not a dog person, this book has some funny moments and even some emotional and thoughtful passages. However, if you are a dog person, I mean a dyed in the wool, have considered your dog in the purchase of a mattress or a car, have rethought vacation plans to for the sake of your dog, have photos of your dog on the desk and the dresser, buy your dog a new toy at Christmas and maybe on her birthday sort of dog person, this book will make your heart laugh and cry. It is laugh out loud funny and heartwrenchingly thoughtful.

I want to thank Kathy for lending me this one. I was reluctant to buy the book because I thought it might break my heart, which of course it did. People who know me well know that I am fairly stoic. The only things that have much of a chance of bringing me to tears have to do with dogs.

peace,

will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Based on your review, I'm not sure I'm quite ready for it :0