Thursday, March 09, 2006

Has anyone seen Will?

In case anyone has wondered where I have been, I spent most of the week in Kerrville. Monday and Tuesday I was at Mount Wesley in Kerrville for the annual Bishop's Convocation. In case you are wondering what a convocation is, it comes from the verb convoke, which means to cause to assemble for a meeting. Basically, the Bishop's convocation is an opportunity for all the clergy (pastors) of the Southwest Texas Annual Conference to gather to worship, study, meet in small groups and share fellowship. It is one of the only times that we all get to see each other since we are spread out from the valley, to Austin, to San Angelo and everywhere in between. It was nice to see some of my colleagues that I haven't seen in a while. Bishop Sharon Christopher of the Illinois Great Rivers Annual Conference also did a great two part presentation of the need for spiritual vitality among clergy.

I spent Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday at my Covenant Connection meeting. I didn't get back in town until last night. Sometimes I get frustrated when I have to be out of town a lot. However, it is truly a blessing to be a part of the United Methodist Church. Gatherings like these remind us that we are not alone as pastors or as a church, but are working together with churches all around the world. Together, we are able to do a lot more for God's kingdom than we can on our own.

I hope to see you Sunday!

peace,

will

No comments: