Monday, January 23, 2006

A Day Off, Sort of...

Thank you to the United Methodist Women for leading worship in honor of United Methodist Women's Sunday. It was nice to sit back and participate in worship (mostly - I did have a few small parts.)

As a pastor, my opportunities to be in worship that I am not leading are limited, but there are some. When I go on retreat to Mt. Wesley for Covenant Connection, we have two worship services, each led by another member of my commissioning class. (I have to lead in a couple of months.) I also get worship at the monthly District Professionals Meetings. Pastors are very aware of their limited worship opportunities, so almost every gathering we have, administrative meetings, continuing education, etc. has a worship component. It is always very refreshing and it also opens my eyes and ears to new possibilities of worship.

I hope you are having a great week!

peace,

will

No comments: