Thursday, September 15, 2005

Katrina Relief Update

I have been using this blog as a clearing house for Katrina relief info for the congregation and I have a couple of timely things.

First of all, the youth will be putting together flood buckets this Sunday. If you are interested in helping them stock them, bring supplies by the church. The list of contents are listed further down in the weblog.

Second of all, I just got a request from an area church for some help. Here it is:

I received a call for help from First UMC in Taft. The Taft Housing Authority has opened up apartments for 8 families (Katrina evacuees). They need beds immediately - 6 Twin, 6 full, plus the frames to support the mattresses. They also could use towels, bedding, coffee pots, toaster ovens, etc.

They DO NOT need food, clothing, stoves or refrigerators.

If your church can help whit this request, please call Huck Nelson at 361-528-2880 or call the church tomorrow - 361-528-2131.

I know a lot of you are doing a lot of great work for victims and displaces families and I love to hear about it. Post a comments a let us all know!

peace,

will

No comments: