Monday, September 12, 2005

Deadline for UMCOR Stuff

Expect a couple more posts today. I plan to put my sermon online in a while and I want to talk about our mentoring program (though that may have to wait until tomorrow.)

I want to, first of all, thank everyone who had been bringing Health Kits and Flood Buckets to the office. We are starting to get a nice stockpile. I have heard there are a bunch more Flood Buckets on the way. As I posted below, Grace is a drop off point for the supplies for the United Methodist Committee on Relief. We are hoping some of the other local United Methodist churches will be adding to the stock soon.

Second, I want to let you know that we are now on a bit of deadline. Monday, September 19th is now the day we plan to ship these supplies to either Louisiana or Houston. UMCOR's main depot is in Louisiana, but they have secured warehouse space in Houston so our supplies may go there first. So, if you are planning on putting together some kits, please have them to the office by Sunday, September 18th.

Due to the scope of this relief effort, I believe we will continue collecting materials after this date. However, anything we collect after this shipment, we will have to ship ourselves and that can get pretty expensive.

If you want to know more about the Flood Buckets and Health Kits, all the information is in previous posts below.

peace,

will

No comments: