Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Almost there

I want to report that I am one step closer to my ordination. I had my final interview with the Covenant Connection Committee on Tuesday morning and they unanimously voted to recommend me to the Board of Ordained Ministry for Ordination as an Elder and election to full connection in the United Methodist Church.

That was a pretty big step and this committee's recommendation carried a lot of weight. I have two more steps before June. Later this month I will be interviewed by a team selected by the Board of Ordained Ministry. They will read my answers to the assigned theological questions and then give me sort of an oral exam. There recommendation will then be passed along to the full Board. In February, I will travel to Mt. Wesley in Kerrville again where I will be interviewed by the Full Board of Ordained Ministry who will make the final recommendation. Then, if all that goes well, in June, at Annual Conference, all the clergy members in full connection to the conference will vote to admit me into full connection. This happens at a special clergy meeting. Then, if that goes well, the Bishop will ordain me on the last day of Annual Conference at the ordination service.

If this all sounds complicated, trust me, this is the easy part.

peace,

will

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed reading on your blog all about the process of becoming a minister. I'm sure very few people realize what a huge time-consuming process it is--besides keeping up with the rest of your pastoral work and sermons.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Will. Please hang in there--we need you to minister to us!