Monday, November 26, 2007

I Just Love Stuff that Makes My Brain Hurt

It seems it possible that we can affect the Universe, including how long it will exist, simply by observing it. I realize that my child may act differently depending on whether or not he thinks I am watching but that fact subatomic particles and quantum systems may exist in different states depending on whether or not they are being observes is really difficult to swallow. I love it though since it reminds me that I am not nearly as smart as I think I am.

Check out the article:

Mankind 'shortening the universe's life'

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

peace,

will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ow. That does make the brain hurt.