Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Best of Looking Back and Counting Down in Review

I forgot that along with Christmas decorations comes the beginning of the season of looking back. I have already read various versions of the "Best Books of 2007" and the "Best Movies of 2007." I think this is actually a good thing. If we don't stop at the end of the year and look back a lot of stuff just fades away without another look. I enjoy this on a personal level. As a pastor, I have a number of end of the year things that cause me to look back. I just filled out my required annual continuing education form and it reminded me of some of the stuff I learned this year. I always include a section on some of the books that I have read. I am always pleased that I have read a lot, but always a little displeased that I don't remember more of what I have read. I am sure it is in my brain somewhere.

So, as we make the mad dash toward Christmas and New Years, think about this:

What did you learn this year?
What was the coolest thing you experienced?
What did you really want to do that you didn't?
Who are you really glad that you now know that you didn't know last year?

I am sure there are more questions to think about. But start with those.

peace,

will

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so appreciate your questions and challenges!