Thursday, May 24, 2007

Looking forward to some sabbath

Friday usually sneaks up on my but I am actually anxiously awaiting a day of rest this week. Not that the week was overly taxing, it just wore me out. This Sunday is confirmation Sunday when we will welcome 18 youth into full membership in the church. When that many people join, it tends to make for a large crowd so we are moving our 11 service into our gym.

Moving worship from one place to another sounds pretty easy, but it is not. There are about a million details including chairs, a stage, microphones, speakers, video, not to mention putting it all together. We actually rehearsed the service with the confirmands last night to make sure it would all work, which it will. However, the rehearsal helped me figure out what else we hadn't thought of yet.

I hope to see you on Sunday. It will be a wonderful service.

peace,

will

No comments: