Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cleaning off my bookshelf, part II

I just don't feel like I can put books away until I have written about them on the blog. (If you ask my wife she will tell you I just don't like to put books away period.) So, here is another recent read.



I just think Robin Cook books are fun. They are about one step from watching TV. Cook always tries to weave some current controversial theme into his books and, because he is a doctor, they tend to be medical. This one, in the midst of a good story, took on health care specifically the concept of concierge medicine. Concierge medicine is a fairly recent movement in the health care business to enable people to have better access to a physician by paying a retainer. (There is a quick article on the topic from Newsweek here: House Calls)

That's all the review you get on this one. You'll find some more depth in some of the other books on my stack as I continue to clean off my bookshelf.

peace,

will

No comments: