Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Getting Excited

Tonight is the first night of this year's class of Disciple Bible Study. I have to tell you, this class is one of the best parts of my job. Something absolutely amazing happens when people meet together to study the Bible. I always enjoy Bible study, but it is especially powerful with such a diverse group many of whom have never really studied the Bible. The transformation that takes place in just a few months is mind boggling.

I also love what I learn each time. Disciple is such a well designed program that even after going through it five times and despite the fact I have a masters degree from seminary, I still learn new ways of understanding scripture each time through. Some of that comes through the curriculum itself, but most of it comes through the power of reading scripture in a group.

Off I go to sharpen pencils and stuff!

peace,

will

No comments: