Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Turtles Will Be Turtles

I really wanted to post a picture with this but the photos may be a little disturbing for some. People sometimes expect pastors to be discreet. Anyway, in case you haven't been reading the blog for long, Alisha and I have two box turtles (they are actually box tortoises, but turtle is just more fun to say) Simon and Simone. You can read more about them in the posts Turtles in our Midst and Simon Squared. They live in walled in area outside our bathroom window so we get to watch them quite a bit. This week I learned that despite my careful reading on the subject, I was wrong. We had named the first one Simon. Then we got the second, and thinking it was male, I decided we had misnamed the first one. So we renamed the first one Simone and the new one Simon. Now after watching them, I realize that the turtle originally named Simon really is Simon and the other one is really Simone. Are you following?

This is all a long way of getting at the fact that our turtles are doing what young turtles do in the springtime. I am kind of pessimistic about their chances of conception, but I will let you know if we should schedule a baby turtle shower. I am not really sure what one would bring to such a thing anyway.

peace,

will

No comments: