Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Grace the Surrounds Us

I have mentioned to many of you in person, but I had yet to write anything here about how much Alisha and I appreciate the warmth of the welcome we have received. From the moment we pulled up to the curb in front of the house we were made to feel welcomed and appreciated. We can't says thanks enough for all the hard work everyone did to get the parsonage ready. We were also grateful to receive food and drinks and snacks to sustain us while we unpacked.

It wasn't just a one day welcome either. In the last couple of weeks we have enjoyed your hospitality in the form of food, more help with the house, warm welcomes and even a chance to see the Hammerheads play their final game of the regular season. Just this morning I received a new, more suitable chair for my office.

Your hospitality toward Alisha and I tells me about the kind of wonderful place this is. The gospel calls us to radical hospitality. It is at the center of the message if grace. I witnessed that with our arrival and have already seen many instances of it toward others.

Hebrews 13:1-2 reads:

Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.

Thank you all for being active participants in the grace that surrounds us all!

Grace and Peace,

will

No comments: