Monday, February 18, 2008

O.K. I am done (pretty much)

Last Tuesday, I took another trip to Kerrville for my interview with The Board of Ordained Ministry, my final interview of my ordination process. Good news! The interview went very well and the full board has unanimously recommended me for ordination. The final two steps are election into full connection by the full clergy session of the Annual Conference on Wednesday, June 4th and Ordination by the Bishop at the Ordination Service on Saturday, June 7th. If you happen to be in the area, that service is open and is a really wonderful service.

Because this process is so amazingly complex and because so few people understand it, I have undertaken a new project. I am going to try to blog about the whole process from start to finish. I am going to count on my colleagues to post comments when I leave something out or get something wrong or if I had a experience not typical of the process. How long this whole explanation on the weblog takes will just depend on how motivated I am. So, keep checking back for updates!

peace,

will

No comments: