Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Getting Back in the Groove Part II

Sometimes I wonder about what to write on the blog. Sometime the day to day stuff is more interesting than when I try to be profound. I have lots of good stuff going on this week. Last night I had a meeting with the leaders who are going to help me present Bible 101 starting next week. We have a really great team for this one. This team teaching idea came out of our Adult Council. They figured that we could offer more courses if we could create teams to lead them instead of totally relying on a pastor or a few lay people. This worked out really well with Prayer 101. The team that led that with me last time will take it over entirely for the next offering. I am looking forward to Bible 101. I have re-written the curriculum around the team teaching model. You can still sign up for this class. The deadline is Friday. Just email me.

Tonight I meet with my small group called Genesis. This is a seed group for a new small group ministry program we will launch at Grace in January. It is a really great group and I just enjoy being with them.

Thursday night I will be leading an orientation class for people who wish to serve communion to the homebound. This is a great ministry for folks who can't come to worship but wish to receive the sacraments. Homebound communion ministers take the consecrated elements from worship into people's homes. Anyone can do this and it is a wonderful ministry. If you are interested, feel free to drop by the meeting Thursday evening at 6:30 here at Grace. (You won't commit yourself just by showing up if you just want to know more.

Sunday is the next session of Why Grace, our intro to church membership "class." If you are already a member of the church you are still welcome to come. Most members who do say they learned or relearned a lot. No reservation required, just stop by room 143 Sunday at 1:30.

After that on Sunday, I have a meeting with our Staff Parish Relations Committee. We are required to have a yearly conversation about how the pastor and the church are working together. They also have to complete an evaluation for my Covenant Connection Committee. It is the last one they have to do before the final decision about my ordination is made.

Oh, and I have a sermon to write and three worship services to plan! Whew!

peace,

will

No comments: