Sunday, July 01, 2007

Wouldn't a weekend at home be nice?

After my trip to Arkansas last weekend, I would have liked a nice weekend around the house to mow the lawn and nap. However, that wasn't in the cards. Alisha, Josh and I all travelled to San Antonio for the annual Methodist Children's Home Foster Family Retreat. They do this every year to get all the foster families together. What makes it really wonderful is that all foster parents are required to complete a certain number of continuing education hours every year and at the retreat they provide an opportunity to complete most of the required hours all with free child care. Alisha was able to update her first-aid and CPR and I was finally able to complete mine. Plus we learned about disaster preparedness and helping foster kids deal with transition.

This would be a good time to remind you that we always need more foster families. If you want to know more, let me know.

peace,

will

No comments: